AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

guidance system for Hagie sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nemofarmer
Posted 1/3/2011 17:12 (#1524194 - in reply to #1522596)
Subject: RE: guidance system for Hagie sprayer

Perry, MO
If I were you I would go with a trimble autopilot. I had a 284XP with a ez-steer, it was fair but not very good at higher speeds. I switched to a autopilot and it was way better, night and day. It would run wide open and leave tracks you could shoot down, you might have to replace your tie rod ends and tighten up the poly blocks that slide up and down with your air bags but I think you would like it. Hopefully Buster50 will chime in, I sold him my system when we upgraded to a STS10 and he put it on a 2100. On the 284XP I used a 500 with ez-boom, on the STS we went with direct command and insight. I have got along really good with both but the insight is definitely more user friendly, especially keeping records. I dont know how the raven systems work in the older sprayers but I know a couple of people with new STS12's with raven systems and they have not been all that happy with the performance and it shows in the tracks they leave in the field. I know of ours and one other with a trimble system and they both work really well. Hope this helps.

By the way, welcome to AgTalk!

Edited by nemofarmer 1/3/2011 17:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)