AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone have a Cat D4H?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tj_farmer
Posted 1/2/2011 11:37 (#1521254 - in reply to #1521187)
Subject: Re: Anyone have a Cat D4H?

NW central IL
i just bought a d4h xl series 3, its got the heavier tree in the six way blade, 10 more hp, the larger torque converter and trans then the series 2's. the xl has the longer track, for more footprint.the early motors had the 3204, and the series 3's had a 3304 9Z series, which is the same as some D5h's at 120hp, so it should last........not sure if the heavier TQ converter and trans is same as the early 5h or not, but its like 2500 lbs heavier then the earlier ones, putting it at 25800lbs full of fuel, about 1000 lbs lighter then a early d5h. if its real doggy, it does have a manual pump on it, to take it up to d5 specs if needed, but i need to do my homework, if the trans and tq converter is the same as d5h first. not sure if its even needed.....i bought mine before christmas. only pushed snow with it..... i bought it to level waterways and build small dry dams. i really wanted a 5 , but couldnt find one worth the money, i figure this is really close. from what ive run a dozer, a six way blade is really nice for waterway work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)