AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cancun....good resort and prices???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 1/1/2011 09:59 (#1518876 - in reply to #1518556)
Subject: RE: Cancun....good resort and prices???

central - east central Minnesota -

marbro1 - 12/31/2010 22:48 My wife's cousin and her husband have invited us to go along with them down to Cancun next summer for a 5 day trip. It would be an all inclusive deal at one of the major resorts down there. My wife's cousin's mother-in-law is the travel agent and sent an email showing a few different resorts down there and included the prices for a 5 night stay with airfare and everything included. The resort she recommended is Secrets Maroma Beach. Has anybody ever stayed there? What did you think and would you go back again? This would be my wife and I's first trip outside of the States and we're just trying to get a little more information before we book anything. The price for the package deal with the Secrets resort was just a bit over $3,000/couple. Does this sound high or low or about right for the deal she shot us? Thanks for any replies. Marbro1

For a summer trip, that sounds very high - but, it depends on what is all included in the "all inclusive". In addition to the food, drink and other attractions and air fair from your location? One thing with all inclusive, you can get tired of the food. It's not the same as good old american food (I understand it can vary some from resort to resort). Being this is a summer trip, generally summer the prices are half of what winter prices are. Winter is the big season for Cancun and other mexican distinations -
If you want to check out the priceing, get on the net and try booking your self. It's easy to do

I too agree with what a couple of the posters felt. Mexico is not the USA and with all the drug fighting going on (yes, even in tourist Cancun and west coast resort area) there are risks going there. The risks are greater today then last yr and past years. Lot'ta people like Cancun cause the food is cheap and the liquar is cheap and available - not for me. Don't drink and the food isn't the best.

For $3000 grand per person, I know I could have a heck of a time in Hawaii (in the busy winter season, for 12 nights) at nice resorts including food, car, resort and airfair from Mn. Hawaii is very safe and is part of the USA. No problem with medical insurance if needed there or vehicle insurance if needed. . . .  . Don't work that way in Mexico or other Islands that are not part of the USA. Also, in Hawaii, you can indeed go anywhere any time and be safe -
Hope you find a good pkg and enjoy your time though . ..

Edit: I see an over sight on my part ~ it's 3k per COUPLE, not each . . ..  A guy could do that to Hawaii also.

Edited by iseedit 1/1/2011 14:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)