AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile 276
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Farmer Brown
Posted 12/31/2010 11:16 (#1517355 - in reply to #1517001)
Subject: RE: Versatile 276

Nebraska Panhandle
I bought mine in 1995. It's a 1988 276 generation 2 series. It has been a great outfit. Used it every day in the winter to feed cows with big round bales and general loader work. Have a 14 ft. hay head for it that works great. Have snowblower that goes on it also. Haven't had any real issues with it other then the shifting cable needs replaced about every 4 years or so. Keep it well greased and maintained and they run a long time. Mine has the cummins engine in it. Make a great loader tractor with the 4wd. When i bought mine the dealer said you need to be able to walk backwards and chew bubble gum at the same time as not all people get on to running them. It doesn't take long to figure out the loader which you run with your feet or you can use levers if you want. They are real good on fuel. Sold the cow herd this year so mine will just get used now for snow blowing and around the farm loader work. It has 4612 original hrs on it and is in great shape. The generation 2 has the heavier axles on it, if that one has them go for it as they are a great tractor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)