AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Since beh and Rich started it......................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/18/2010 08:53 (#1492522 - in reply to #1492415)
Subject: RE: Since beh and Rich started it......................

Chebanse, IL.....

IndJones

I agree w/you 100%. I had a good friend that was a couple of yrs older than myself & flew for a living. He was a former Marine & apparently had thoughts when he was younger & in the service that he probably wished he hadn't. He had a couple of good-sized (for that time anyway, nothing compared to now!) tattoos on his forearms. He flew local corporate turbines & jets for quite a few yrs before he got a job w/airlines. All the time...irregardless of heat or conditions, he wore a long-sleeve white shirt. He had to & he knew it. It gets quite hot in a airplane cabins sitting on the ground that aren't so lucky as to have apu's connected & powering the a/c units. He paid & paid for many years for his artwork, and no one could see it anyway. If he could only turn back the clock. 

Then, I know personally of one very (!!!!) attractive young lady that made the same arm-artwork decision just a few years ago. They continue down her arm to her wrists & backs of her hands. I have no idea why. Anyway, she's become a somewhat successful bartender but is always trying to move up in the pay chain. It seems there's a popular chain of restaurants specializing in seafood, advertising with a large red crustacian. Their bartenders are known to have good working conditions. They go home relatively early & bartenders don't have to deal w/rowdies. They're paid well & have benefits. Certainly more than "Joe's Lounge". Anyway, that chain has a rule on exposed tattoos. This young lady knew that & wore a long sleeve shirt. She was employed there 2 days before the manager saw her sleeve pull up & expose the tattoos, though innocently. She was terminated immediately & was heart-broken as was her family. She's back @ "Joes" where tatts are not uncommon, but no benefits.

You know, you try & tell people, but they won't listen. I really wish they would. I don't blame employers for their "codes". Their customers (like me) demand it thru economics. You can legislate all you want, but you can't force people to give you money if they don't want to...except for IRS folks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)