AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dry spreader insight to integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/14/2010 07:23 (#1485056 - in reply to #1484873)
Subject: Re: Dry spreader insight to integra

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
TS79 - 12/13/2010 22:31

You would need the aux module with either display.

Yes, this is correct. The wiring would be the same in either case. Either display could be swapped for the other.

With a fertilizer box, it is usually not necessary to use the 10 boom switchbox. A single toggle switch is often sufficient. This single toggle switch does need to plug into the Aux module to get this information on the CAN bus. The configuration for a single boom setup by default goes ON/OFF with the Master so it is not necessary to wire in a Switch for Boom 1.

Ag Leader makes a single toggle switch for this purpose. I make a single lighted rocker switch for this situation also. The switch plugs into the Green connector of the Aux module. The light indicates when the switch is in the ON position. The rocker switch has a nice feel to it and works well. Be aware that just inserting a common SPST switch for the Master will lead to confusion due to Ag Leader's switch presence routine.

The confusion about the need for an Aux module may come about since I believe there is a switchbox with an Aux module built in that is used in some cases. I believe those switchboxes were only used with a Kinze planter with factory installs.

To my knowledge they are not available to the regular Ag Leader dealers. In either case an Aux Input module is involved, it just may be housed together with the switches.

Edited by tedbear 12/14/2010 10:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)