AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Direct Command Harness drawing current - how to quantify the draw?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/13/2010 20:37 (#1484370)
Subject: Direct Command Harness drawing current - how to quantify the draw?

We have an Insight with Direct Command in our Patriot WT sprayer. It works well. However, we have to disconnect the battery every night or it is dead the next morning. We have traced the draw down to the actual cable, not any of the components. The cable in question is the Raven cable. I wish I would have thought to write the part number down when I was at the shop. Anyways, you unplug the Raven 460 from the sprayer harness and then you plug this problem cable into the sprayer harness. The problem cable is not connected to anything other than the sprayer harness. If you remove the problem cable from the sprayer harness, the test light goes out. If you plug the problem cable back in, the test light comes back on.

What I would like to do is quantify the draw this cable is producing. There is a fuse that provides power to the sprayer harness so I figure if I knew how to hook a multi-meter up appropriately to read amperage I would be able to quantify the draw and see if that really is enough to pull kill the battery in a night. For all I know maybe it gets worse when I plug the harness in to the Direct Command Module or into the Auxiliary Input Module. So can anyone tell me how to use a digital multimeter to quantify the amperage? Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)