AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? for pull-type strip tillers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mit9750
Posted 12/13/2010 16:17 (#1483879 - in reply to #1483561)
Subject: RE: ? for pull-type strip tillers

Joelt - 12/13/2010 12:05 Is it pretty much a given that implement offsets have to be used to keep the lap row at 30" with pull type machines? This fall is my first season strip tilling and its been a constant battle to keep my lap row at 30 from field to field-it seems like even how full the nurse trailer is affects it too. I'm on RTK and never anticipated these problems. When i go back to plant will i have to set up the planter with the same offsets to be centered on the strip?

Imp draft can really make you pull your hair out. Some fields you don't need any, an the next you start to think you've never ran a piece of farm equipment in your life. I've made some test passes at 100 ft or so, then turn around an see if when i set it back down if its off to the left or right. I had a RedBall on a 2 point this season,and a DMI 5310 3 yrs prior. RedBall pulled way straighter, even tho i had to put an offset in once in awhile. Most of the time if your row units are "Really" set on 30 inches,and you have the globe #'s and TCM cal'ed, you'll be fine,, but ground conditions are the biggest factor when people start to blame the auto steer. Bolts work loose,and units will move. Keep a yard stick in the cab an ck um 2 or 3 times during the day.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)