AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone use a paperless office?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BHTN
Posted 12/13/2010 10:50 (#1483446 - in reply to #1482849)
Subject: Yes and No

West Tennessee
All of our client file stuff here is totally electronic. We scan and give back all info from clients. This has been a HUGE time saver for us but required somewhat of a leap of faith. The benefits are great. Easy access to files, no more buying file cabinets, offsite storage of data.....the list goes on. We love it. For the receipts & bills(ours) you mentioned. We have not made that electronic and here's the main reasons why. We have two file drawers dedicated to that year round. Once we're through with a year then we transfer them to file boxes (we're cheap so these are copy paper boxes) to keep out for a while till we're finished and then they go upstairs for storage. I guess we've just not seen the cost/benefit with these to do any scanning etc. I scan all my grain contracts & crop insurance info and keep that in electronic format. We've been doing all this since 2004 so we think we have a pretty decent system and have made very few changes to it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)