AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MBW Hydraulic Hitch or Navigator Hitch used w/iSteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

RBI
Posted 12/13/2010 01:37 (#1483022)
Subject: MBW Hydraulic Hitch or Navigator Hitch used w/iSteer

Ryan, IA
Anyone on NAT got any experience with the MBW Hydraulic Hitch and iSteer together? I'm looking to correct my implement drift this year so I can utilized AutoSteer on the sprayer as I may increase the number of trips through the fields to do variable rate side dressing, if this improves it. Not to mention, when harvesting beans, eliminate the shift track nudges following planted bean rows.

I understand the Orthman system is as good as it gets for performance as the coulters/steering system is right near the control point. However, with a Twin Line planter, this system would hang of to the side of the planter which would not be good for navigating roadways and in/out of doorways. Also the cost of an Orthman is pretty substantial and not capable of moving to a strip till rig or side dress bar if I ever go that route.

For the area, I notice that we have drift in excess of 8" when doing the beans. (For corn I'm running Row Sense) This draw bar has a travel of 26" which should be capable of compensating for my 16-20" of needed correction. Dealer is not pushing iGuide for my intended level of accuracy, says this would work, but the principle is similar to that of iGuide where the hitched point of the implement is offset to correct for implement drift. Of course this comes with a pretty good price point, so some performance loss would be expected and accepted.

Another option similar to this would be the Navigator side-shifting three point hitches if I adapted this to connect a drawn implement it to. However, this is also a pricy option, but the travel is greater - 40" total.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)