AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Level survey and design into SMS Basic?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 12/10/2010 17:00 (#1478564)
Subject: Field Level survey and design into SMS Basic?

Paxton, IL
trying to do some surveying for some tile projects in the near future and wanted to look into seeing if I could use the survey/design side of the field level plugin (which doesn't require an unlock) to take care of my survey work rather than setting up my laser and walking all over with a survey stick for several hours. I'm not set up to use the field level II plugin on my equipment and don't see that in the near future so at the moment really all I want is to drive where my tile line will go, record the elevation and be able to have a map or printout of the elevation at each point that I can work from. I tried testing it out today but when I imported the shp file into sms basic (which is the only program I have for viewing at the moment) all I get are the points I logged but they come up with elevation ranges (like in a yield map...150bu/a to 175bu/a is such and such color and so forth) is there any way to look at the raw data for each point rather than a range? I think that would get me to where I'd like to be, or am I completely off and should I go about it some other way all together?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)