AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kagen, here's those one row picker pictures!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

alafarmer
Posted 12/6/2010 15:37 (#1471177 - in reply to #1470378)
Subject: Re: Kagen, here's those one row picker pictures!!

some of you will appriciate what i am saying. I can remember my dad had a 2010 JD, i was 16 or less in age, and remember picking cotton and it begain to snow. If anyone on here ever run an old JD one row cotton picker it felt like you were 20 ft in the air. Well i was wraped up to where all you could see was the white of my eyes. I have thought of that day a thousand times and how hard my father had to work back then. I was young and full of milk back then and didnt care which way the wind blew. But that picker was a pain in the butt to put on and off of tractor. But that one row picker replaced about 25 hand pickers and a lot of those pickers were blacks that lived in a small coummunity nearby and sadly to say the last of those that i knew real well and really liked passed on a couple af years ago. That lady i will never forget, miss Ulman is what her name was, one great lady and a friend to my mother and father. I farmed land close to her house and stopped by and visted her several times as years passed, a good lady. Old memories you cant forget and should not forget who helped us along the way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)