AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I had a little scare yesterday (please be careful)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/3/2010 02:24 (#1465837 - in reply to #1464874)
Subject: RE: What we do here is..........

We always call and tell somebody wife, kids, neighbors, etc. where we are going. Most times when going out on desert, you always take someone with you. If we go alone we will call in every few hours. We used to use radios before cell phones. Even if going horseback you always take someone with you. Too much can and will go wrong.

It's funny even some of the people you don't get a long with real well in the valley. But we all check up on everybody during the day. If you run into one neighbor, you mention to them you saw so and so doing whatever. We try to check on each other.

Even local fuel delivery man from town will stop in cafe, and grab one of the older retired guys to ride out in the middle of BFE in case something happens. Plus it lets them shoot the bull, relive old memories. Most all areas out her you can be in cell phone coverage with in a hours travel time. I make kids call in every few hours if out working long ways from ranch.

Just last week we where finishing up drilling grass seed on desert. It was only 26 miles from home, but seems like the end of the earth when you are out there in the dark. The two guys that ran the drill commented, damn this is sure nice, nobody to bother you out here and the cell phone works in most spots. But I would sure hate to have to walk out of here. I had to laugh to myself, they sure made a point to call at night and tell me they made it home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)