AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you have done?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/3/2010 01:52 (#1465825 - in reply to #1464777)
Subject: RE: What would you have done?

About ten years ago, came off the desert from checking cows and water. Stopped at local cafe for coffee. There was a lady(30's) and her boy(12 or so). She was washing dishes to pay for their meals. She was telling everybody she left her husband in Washington state because she said he was beating her. They made it to Utah, and her van broke down. Said she needed money to get to Denver, Co. to her fathers place. I listened for a while, I walked up to pay for coffee. I told her I would buy her and her son a bus ticket to Denver. At the time Greyhound still stopped in town there. I told her she could park her van at the local motel, till her father could come and get it. She didn't want the tickets, just money!

I couldn't believe it! I just told the lady that ran the cafe, well I tried! She couldn't believe it too! The next morning the lady and her kid was gone from town. Her van must have still ran.

I still try to help people, but I'm real leery of some. If in doubt, I will call sheriff to come out and check things out. We live in a pretty remote area, lot of wide open country here. You can find some real kooks out in the desert sometimes. That's were the cell phones have come in very handy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)