AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SF1 activation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/1/2010 08:18 (#1462811 - in reply to #1461592)
Subject: Re: SF1 activation

snowman900 - 11/30/2010 16:43 Fleck now I share the ezsteer with my sparyer tractor and and my 8410 with the air seeder now that my 8130 is auto trak ready I was going to try sf1 but I dont know anything about deeres system thats way I am asking the pros on this site I did try this spring but I would get a 40in row then a20in row I plant with a 12 row and combine with a 8 row so I need to be +or- 6 inch would be close enough but I dont know if I can get that with sf1 my have to go with sf2

I didn't see this earlier. We've been down this road. Since you are planting with 12 and harvesting with 8 I would not look at anything less than SF2 or OmniStar HP. RTK would be preferable. We have been planting with 16 and harvesting with 12 with RTK for two years now and we spend quite a bit of time to make sure everything is set up right. We have terraced ground so it's still a headache. Do yourself a favor and get at least SF2 or OmniStar and spend a lot of time setting things up properly. You really shouldn't use the EZ-Steer for that kind of planting either in my opinion. We did it for awhile and then switched to a 30 series tractor with hydraulic steering and it made a big difference.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)