AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1910 commodity Cart VR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Tom N
Posted 11/28/2010 12:50 (#1457891 - in reply to #1457163)
Subject: Re: 1910 commodity Cart VR

Missouri river bottom south of Sioux City, IA
Hi Mike

I had a 1910 commodity cart seven years ago to apply NPK with my striptill bar. I wanted it to be VR but at that time it was not available. They did come out with that option a few years later but by then I realized the metering system under both tanks was not able to handle fertilizer. I had problems with fertilizer bridging above the meter rolls. The cast iron housing that held the meter rolls started to severally pit after the second year of use. It pitted so much that the meter rolls would not seal properly. The shut off gates to the meter roll stopped working in the third year. We had to take the metering housing apart and found the combination of cast iron, plastic, foam and glue was not meant to be used with highly corrosive fertilizer. I replaced everything under the tanks and then sold it. I then purchased a stainless steel Valmar 5 ton cart and eliminated all issues I had with the 1910 cart.

The Valmar tank is using a PWM valve to run the meter rolls and changes rates very fast. It may be possible to put a hyd motor with PWM valve on the 1910 to turn your meters rolls and get a faster response. I don’t know if the JD display could control that setup directly or not.

Good luck.
Tom N.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)