AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto boom controls and multi width booms?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmerwalt
Posted 11/27/2010 08:03 (#1456201 - in reply to #1454505)
Subject: Re: Auto boom controls and multi width booms?

Clifton Kansas
We use 2 profiles in our sprayer with an insight with RTK auto steer and 5 boom sections 15 inch spacing setup for drop nozzles . One is 91 1/2 ft(?) when not fallowing rows and 90ft when in row crop (we use half rate nozzles on each end on the 90 ft ) it works fine.
The computer needs to be able to automatically adjust the ab line to match the section control you have turned off.
What I want to be able to do is auto steer (using old ab lines) the first pass at 60ft ( then the next spraying 75 ft) and the rest of my field at 90 ft so I don't use the same tire path all the time (we;re getting ruts , ditches , and or compaction ) ?
The 2 profile method doesn't work for this because you lose the auto shutoff or coverage map when changing profiles.
Its a lot of extra work and time (it always seems we're in a hurry when spraying) to figure out the right place to set the first 60ft ab line and then adjusting for 90ft using the 30ft ab line made with the planter.
We use the shift feature but the ab line might be made going in the opposite direction or the other side of the field or know if its shifted 15 " right or left from last years line and also a different person doing each job all that makes it time consuming.
My brother does not like borders he says they cause the sprayer to turn off and on wrong or different that he wants it to so selecting the right ab line is sometimes difficult .
I know as we get (or create) more ab lines ( finding the right name of each) we will be able to select the right one to use .

Walter
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)