AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wind Turbines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bushton4
Posted 11/14/2010 17:44 (#1435762 - in reply to #1435665)
Subject: Re: Wind Turbines

Is this unit single or three phase? 3 phase is the only one that will give you longevity, single phase units have a tendancy to heat up and shorten the life span of your motor.
Can you utilize net metering in MN? That will speed up your ROI like nothing else will, I wish we had that option in KS.
Do they have an option to put this unit up on a tilting tower? It is well worth the money up front so you dont have to get cranes or climb the tower when things go wrong. Dad's is on an 80' tower with a gin pole, we can have it on the ground inside of 10mins with a tractor or a 3/4 pickup. Very nice feature
Does your power company know what you are about to do? By federal mandate they cant stop you, but man can they make it a miserable experience of hoops to jump thru to get one up and running.
The warranty is only as good as the paper it is printed on. If I couldn't do the service myself or at least most of it, I would be a little cautious. Most all of the wind gen companies I have talked (and there a lot of of them) do not have the apperance of staying around too awful long. At some time you will be have to responsible for getting service done on the unit yourself. That time may be sooner or later depending on the economy. Learn all you can early

Edited by bushton4 11/14/2010 17:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)