AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

getting ready for the strip search.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

braunt01
Posted 11/13/2010 18:04 (#1434385 - in reply to #1433179)
Subject: Re: getting ready for the strip search.

Princeton, MN
I fly quite a bit for my job, seems like I am getting on a plane every week. I really havent been following this scanner thing in the news to know what they have planned in the future.

Most smaller regional airports do not have them yet, and every large one has the scanner and a metal detector right next to it. Because the machine takes a bit of time to do the scan (30 seconds or so) plus you need to wait till they interpret the scan (another 20-30 seconds) they usually run people through the metal detector at the same time. They seem to select women more often to skip the scan, but if you can time it right you can walk through the metal detector instead. The scan doesnt bother me at all, and is certainly less uncomfortable to me than some dude running his hands up and down me, which also can happen at large sporting events. My biggest pet peeve with the scanners is the amount of time they take to operate. I try my best to breeze through security as I hate waiting in line for anything.

I still am amazed by the amount of people that dont have a clue how to get through security. If people just follow the tsa rules, its pretty easy and painless. No liquids over 3.2 ounces in a sealed plastic bag, and take them out for the security screen, take your computer out of your bag, etc. Some other advice is to wear shoes that are easy to get on and off, and take EVERYTHING out of your pocket before you go through a scanner. It makes it pretty simple to get through security.

Come to think of it I have a total of 6 flights to get on next week......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)