AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else get the feeling its going to be a long winter......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 11/6/2010 23:45 (#1424967 - in reply to #1424859)
Subject: OK I Fess Up.

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
It kind of fits in with the good old days posts.

I realize that I will be shunned for confessing this (I kind of know how AJ felt several months back) but here goes anyway.......time to get it off my chest.

I grew up on a dairy farm when I was a kid. We had 40 or 50 cats that showed up every night for the milk thrown out from cows that just calved. Now we had four or five cats with names that were our "barn cats" that were off limits. The rest, dad paid me ten cents a head bounty to get rid of them. I had a BB gun that pumped up, it had a pretty good wallop and was very adequate for a good "Hay Mow" hunting safari. Didn't take long for the little fellows to get pretty smart and I was not there favorite person. A good nights work would net fifty cents to a dollar.

Now before I'm tared and feathered....remember this was in the middle or late fifties. I was eight or nine years old, and under the influence of men like Matt Dillon...Paladin...The Rifleman...The Cartwright Boys...Lone ranger...Wyatt Earp...Roy Rodgers and several other fellows that weren't Politically Correct. We had to many felines around the barn!!

I'm not sure but I don't think cats had rights back then yet anyway.

..........................................Mark

P.S. Ag Judge.......so there is no misunderstanding/hard feelings....I meant no disrespect....just need someone who confessed something here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)