AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old Timer Quotes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fighting suburbia NC
Posted 10/13/2010 13:09 (#1393619 - in reply to #1393000)
Subject: Re: Old Timer Quotes

Too close to Raleigh, NC
Ain't no need to get in a hurry, tobacco only grows so fast. Henry Ferrell ( worked for him growing up - great mind, fine tobacco grower, great influence on many young-uns)

Several more from Henry:

No need to worry about it - nobody makes it out alive anyway.

It run out just like Russell's corn. (Russell was hand planting the field furthest away from the house "back in the day" out of a sack of seed strung over his shoulder. When he got back to the house with the sack empty his Dad asked him where the rest of the seed was. Russell replied that it had run out just as he had finished the field. Sure enough, come time to cultivate, there was a thick stand of corn seedlings in one small area at the end of the field. Ever since then anything that has had just a little left over gets the observation that it ran out just like Russell's corn. ---- true story, heard it from Russell's Dad (Henry's uncle) and Russell's brothers over the years)

Man does not live by protein alone.

If you used your head for something more than a hat rack we would all be better off. (usually said after something got broke)

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I learned everything I need to know about life from working in a tobacco field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)