AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD starfire signal output
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

disker
Posted 4/16/2007 10:41 (#137753)
Subject: JD starfire signal output

Alberta
Hi, I have a question about JD Starfire's and their nmea output. I have 2 receivers, one with a TCM and one without(these are prior to ITC receivers). I have made an adapter for my JD harness that adds some pins and now I get the nmea signal out on a 9 pin. My question revolves around the TCM unit and using a harness from JD PF80388, this harness is a power plug, a 9 pin for nmea ouput and the connector for the starfire. It does not have a plug for the mobile processor and that is fine as I am not using it with any JD stuff. My question is how do I know if the TCM is working, how do I configure and calibrate it and does this receiver output a corrected TCM signal with no JD equipment hooked up to it. I have checked with my JD dealer and they don't really know yet I am having trouble getting them to do a DTAC. Their claim is that if you have the TCM hooked up without any JD equipment the receiver will give out info that cannot be used by things like EZ Steer. Why would the EZ steer have to be able to recognize a TCM, it is just a signal either corrected or not. The suggestion I got was to unplug the TCM. If any one knows how to calibrate and configure a TCM receiver without any JD stuff please let me know.
Curt
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)