AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Near miss on shop accident today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 4/16/2007 06:55 (#137640 - in reply to #136781)
Subject: RE: Buddy did this

A buddy of mine was grinding on a piece of metal clamped in a vice, he had just welded on it, flipped welding lens up, but had the clear len and helmet still on. So his vision was somewhat impared. He was wearing a cowboy scarf on on his neck, but he tucked the tails inside his shirt. The tail poked out of his shirt somehow, got caught in grinder, it ripped his shirt off. Pulled grinder close to his face, he never let go of it. It tighted scarf around his neck, about that time grinder motor burned up. He was able to unwind the grinder from scarf, but it was choking him. He was able to reach for his knife, walked to truck mirror, trying to cut it loose. His knife was dull from cutting bale net wrap. He finnally got it it off.

It left a bad burn on his neck, I told him the last person I saw with a rope burn like that was in a Clint Eastwood movie Hang'um High ! We laugh about it now, but he could have killed himself. I didn't have the heart to tell him if he did die, I would put him up for a Darwin Award!

Edited by Russ In Idaho 4/16/2007 06:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)