AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is there a way to clear out old Apex data?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 9/25/2010 21:36 (#1374163 - in reply to #1371844)
Subject: RE: Is there a way to clear out old Apex data?

SE IL
I would think that you certainly want to keep all of the data you have already collected. I have been thinking about this myself as I have quite a few years of data and Apex seems to run pretty slow. If you only want to work with this years data I would suggest downloading all of this years data into what you have now. Make a backup and then delete all previous year's data in Apex by first clicking on a farm then field. This will bring up all the years that have data for that farm/field. Right click on the year and select delete. You will have to do this for all farms/fields/years that you don't want. The only drawback to this is if you edit or add something there is no way to "add" the changed data to your backup. It will, however, allow you to work with the current years data, as far as reports goes, in a speedier fashion I would think. I have never tried this myself but believe it will work. You will have to restore your backup before unloading any more data. I hope Deere can get this program working better soon or I am going to something else. It's great for setup but pretty slow for all else once you get a lot of data.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)