AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We all know it, but another example, JD Parts $$
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/15/2007 14:23 (#137175 - in reply to #136675)
Subject: I agree on the AGCO situation

Pittsburg, Kansas

Agco definitely has problems in the parts pricing department. We own a couple of Wilmar Eagle sprayers. Parts prices are usually beyond belief - yes it makes Deere look like a discount store. The good thing is Wilmar was kind of a small company so most of the stuff to build it were off the shelf parts and can be sourced elsewhere although that sometimes takes some sleuthing. I did get a pleasant surprise the other day - needed an air suspension bag and needed it quick so called and got one from dealer. Price was $220 which I thought "that's not so bad". Got it and in the mean time priced one from a big truck brake/supply dealer and it was $200. I'm thinking Agco is getting their act together - not a horrible markup. Turns out the new Agco bag they sent me (Firestone) had a hole in it - defective. No problem, stuff happens, dealer sent me another but said would have to bill it then reimburse me for the return. No problem - works for me. Get the new bag and it is $280 with a different part number. Called and ask about the price increase and they said Agco had went up that much (same Firestone air bag by the way). Guess Agco found out they were not astronomically high priced on something and they had to correct the situation pronto. They again have lived up to my expectations. Next bag I get will come from Gooch Brake 30 miles from me instead of from the dealer 200 miles from me. It will be either a Firestone or Goodyear (what was originally on the machine) bag with the same part number. And they keep it in stock also.

I bought a Challenger 535 (Massey Fergeson) tractor a couple years ago and so far everything needed has been under warrantee. I dred the day I have to buy parts for it. I like the tractor but have serious reservations about buying any more Agco stuff because of the parts situation.

John

Edited by John Burns 4/15/2007 14:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)