AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

utility poles & pole barns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 4/14/2007 06:27 (#136382)
Subject: utility poles & pole barns

huntington IN
My county building inspector said " old ulilty poles are not an approved post for POLE BARNS. IF you want to use that type of post you will need a structual engineer to approve them for this use. " with this said. you can build a barn like is this is an AG building but must own 10 acres. All I have is 3acre. They said if I had the strength if the poles or a letter head of a structual engineer that said these poles will work or are stronger than a 6*6 post I choud use them. But I'm having a hard time finding the spec. on the poles and the 6*6 post, I know that a 35' pole souther yellow pine & douglas fir have a fiber strenght of 8,000 psi but how does that compair to a treated 6*6?? The barn was going to be a hay barn dim. of 48L * 32W * 22H no sides just yet, and I have all the poles already (utilty poles) and the holes are dug 40" deep. The only way they said anything about the poles is because I had them ready to go in the holes after the building inspector signed off on the holes deep. If I whoud not had the poles there they whoud of made me tare it down after it was built. This is BULL S&*T !!! Can anyone help me stick it to these A$$holes???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)