AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hearing aids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 9/13/2010 09:34 (#1357830 - in reply to #1356828)
Subject: Re: Hearing aids

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS
I have no personal experience as a user of hearing aids, but I do have a lot of experience in talking to someone who uses hearing aids. My wife has a LOT of experience with multiple brands. I think she paid around $4,000.00 for her first pair. She currently uses the "dot" hearing aid from Resound (http://www.resound.com/). I don't remember the price, but I believe it was in the $2,000.00 range. It is not the same as having good natural hearing, but they do seem to work better than most. I should add that every brand, model, and setting she has tried seem to achieve less-than-desirable results in noisy environments (restaurants, sporting events, etc.). Even with the hearing aids, she has to turn the TV up quite a bit louder than I need it. Her problem is mostly in the fact that, although she hears, she has trouble understanding what was said (that is, making out the exact words), whether in person or on TV.

Good luck with your mom. I am familiar with some of the frustrations that hard-of-hearing people experience.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)