AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hearing aids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FlyLow
Posted 9/12/2010 21:38 (#1357215 - in reply to #1356828)
Subject: Additional Info

South Texas

Dear Martin,

Aids can make a huge difference in one's life.  But...I believe the internet can help out on the cost.

Try this link.  http://lloydhearingaid.com/

I didn't have to buy from them, so cannot vouch for their service.  I do know that the older type that just amplify everything are not much to desire.  The digitals that selectively amplify are a wonderful improvement.

I have the behind the ear model, both ears.  They also have a remote so you can adjust individually or mute as desired.  Frankly, I don't use any of the bells and whistles so would recommend the basic digital.  The behind the ear uses a larger battery (#13) than the in the ear.  The batteries will last nearly a week.  I have numerous programs to choose from, and use one.  Make sure it has the telecoil to recognize phones.  Most every digital does, and it makes phone use pleasant. 

I found the little plastic tube that comes around and sticks in my ear feels funny at first.  Then after a few days, the primary problem was forgetting they were in when I headed for a shower.

The initial cost is high no matter what, but after that "works good, runs cheap, lasts long" applies, at least to mine, which are Excelia brand.  I am extremely fortunate that mine were available through help from the VA, having gotten severe loss from flying various aircraft.  The folks now have noise-cancelling earphones, so I do hope our current crews retain their hearing.

Hope you find what works for your Mom.

Take care.  Stetts

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)