AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Senior Citizen, where have you been?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 8/23/2010 23:58 (#1329567 - in reply to #1329437)
Subject: Re: Senior Citizen, where have you been?

Pulled away from the electronic tube for a couple of days -finally was forced to get a haircut & suffering from a little brain lock from this last research deal as an enormous number of variables are going to come into play in the next 90 days, not all positive meaning things are changing.....plus thought about traveling out to NCentral Ia thinking I could pick up some cheap eggs...I like eggs & am out of date apparently as I am familiar with most of the I-states but did not realize there was a huge poultry operation over there....changed my mind as I fear the rural roads are hot with hedge fund managers looking at crops & like to avoid those folks when able...Still am mentally torn between pink flamingos or a couple of those cast iron jockey statues some rich folks used to put by their driveways.......due to the lighter weight of the Pink Flamingos I will possibly go in that direction....Van will be full of spam--Hormel has gone to those plastic containers so the cases don't weigh as much as in the old days which permits some additional room for boxes of Bisquick, Jerky and a small fridge for my supply of nightcrawlers and of course some space for the spouse (although she is a bit suspect about the whole deal). Am getting back on the newsletter schedule tonight & musing about whether I should have gone to work for the US Post Office when I was young...could be a double dipper now instead of sweating out the corn & wheat market. As a person gets older those missed opportunities sometimes just sneak into the brain....However, on balance, I consider myself pretty lucky as I recall one winter when I was laid off a construction job I made the mistake of walking into the state employment office & they were anxious to give me a battery of tests...they concluded my sole skill was as a typist. There were no typing jobs, thankfully or I might have ended up at USDA.

Edited by SeniorCitizen 8/23/2010 23:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)