AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn & bean price predictions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmman
Posted 4/7/2007 20:09 (#132743 - in reply to #132520)
Subject: RE: Corn & bean price predictions

Goff Kansas
how about the corn and hay.. corn?? we are in the start of our first major weather scare, (2nd minor) and prices are on the way up. If you tend ot move some on planting rally's, might have your speed dial set to your broker because the call may come this week. as far as high and lows, don't think we have either in myself. I would be surprised to go over $5.00 but it is anybody's guess. I would also be surprised to go under 3.25. with the funds wanting the new crop and getting rid of the old, will have a hard time getting too low till after pollination and fill.

have not thought about hay too much, but what a wild winter. haven't heard the 4% more in acreage, but with crp starting to come out would not surprise me. if you would have asked me a week ago, I would have told you we will have plenty of hay with the good moisture and warm temps starting off the crop this spring, but the cold temps have defiantly set it back a little. alfalfa was about 6-7 inches tall, and while we have none, the neighbors said we are starting over there. I hope prices are down from last yr., for I see it hard to go up from there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)