AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner guys- shimming CDF rotor above concave
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mailman13
Posted 8/21/2010 23:59 (#1326322 - in reply to #1326212)
Subject: Re: Gleaner guys- shimming CDF rotor above concave

West Central Iowa
First of all I am running a 6 row head with the R62. The biggest problem we face is rotor loss in corn, as is the most common complaint I think with any rotor combine. I have the non adjustable separator grate as mine is a '93 machine. I put in the newer style high wire concave as my originial needed replaced from wear. The original concave had ever other wire removed and the holes plugges as did the separator grate. I am not knocking the cdf at all. We get by fine with it but the more time goes by the more I read about others making changes to the CDF in corn and beans. I have never got a concensus opinion whenever I ask about running wedge in the concave area. Our CDF is set as specified in the instructions that came with the rotor. I also agree with those who question how you can keep the relationship between the concave and cylinder the same if you change the diameter of the rotor. That is not mathematically possible. I feel you just can't use the maximum area to thresh on the concave like the original 25 inch rotor did, hence my question about the shimming over the concave. I have thought about trying the F2 bar trick in the separator grate but have not done so yet. The majority of our dealers combines are running the old rotor with bars removed, either 4 full rows of bars or 8 rows over the concave and 4 over the separator. We are one of the few with a CDF, especially on an older machine. Also should mention we left the bar configuration as same as the factory sent it to us. All reverse bars are still in place. We run a 525 with an air reel on the beans and have done Dan's feeder floor mod also. Just trying to do the best job combining that I can. Always looking for ways to improve. Here is a picture of my CDF rotor.

Edited by mailman13 8/22/2010 00:35

(CDF rotor (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CDF rotor (Medium).jpg (65KB - 839 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)