AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1066 HIDs... I'm addicted too
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 8/21/2010 09:01 (#1325043)
Subject: 1066 HIDs... I'm addicted too

Just like Loran and so many other's on here I am addicted to HIDs, it's amazing how equipment you thought had good halogen lighting just doesn't cut it after getting used to HIDs.  So far I have converted our MX 240, Challenger 55, 5488, 1086, 5140, this 1066 and the other two 1066s will probably get them before fall for running augers at night. 

This 1066 is our secondary loader tractor (5140 is the main one) and these lights should make feeding cattle at night much easier than before.  I'l say upfront I normally don't like forward facing lights mounted on the tops of cabs because of glare issues but on a loader tractor there isn't much of a choice so I did it anyway.  Before I had two halogens on the front of the cab and there were two halogens on the back mounted in about the same place as these HIDs are.  The inside front two lights are powered by the factory light switch but on their own relay, the outside front lights and the rear lights are on their own switch and relay. 

These are DDM Tuning conversions on the 4x6" Speaker brand housings, these are 55 watt HIDs with 4500° bulbs.  I've also done some 35 watt conversions and done several in the 3x5" housings but I think the 4x6" housings put out a better light pattern and where power usage isn't a concern the 55 watt HIDs put out an amazing amount of light.

What sucks is 10 years ago this was our corn planting tractor and we would have killed to have lighting this good on it but now that it is a chore tractor it has the lights we wished it had back then. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)