AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The bean chart is looking ugly.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 8/18/2010 22:00 (#1321553)
Subject: The bean chart is looking ugly.

Mascoutah, Illinois
As I have stated in the short term, I am defensive in grains. Beans failed for the third time in the past few weeks between $10.45 and $10.50. With basis in the St. Louis area at plus 30-35 for December and January delivery, I would be making sales on any strength this week. I would not be suprised to see the November contract try and retest the $9.75 area.

September wheat traded down to $6.45 and I would be looking for a sharp bounce from this level if the bull thesis is still in tact. (In the neighborhood of $6.50 was the 50% retracement from the top a couple of weeks ago in the September contract which topped out at $8.41.) If the price action in wheat is not positive tomorrow, the bull will have left the scene and let the bear take control.

Markets are feeling a bit tepid this week even as corn inches higher. Watch the $4.39 level in December as the measuring stick.

Longer term I believe we go higher, but the rally looks all too similar to 2009 when we made the yearly highs in the middle of December.

Edited by djmcountryboy 8/18/2010 22:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)