AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH 1460 shaft monitor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 8/8/2010 12:14 (#1306083 - in reply to #1306059)
Subject: Re: IH 1460 shaft monitor?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
If your sure your getting all the slide switches turned off, might be a defective monitor box.
0 means two or more functions are showing a fault. You should be able to turn all but 1 off and have it indicate a fault number or OK on that circuit. turning all function switches off, then turn each one on then off, one at a time, should allow you to find which monitor functions are not working and need repair. Have both speed set knobs turned fully counterclockwise when doing this test.

On my 1480's, the mice liked to chew off the shaft monitor cable where it passes through a small hole in the body. Remove the cab side panel on the left side behind the door. This chewed off cable knocks out all monitor functions like you describe, so that is the first place to look for a problem.
If the mice chew off this multi wire cable, it opens a hole large enough for them to get under the seat area.. They chewed mine off twice, so I repaired it again and wrapped the cable with heavy wire screen to about 2 inches outside the hole. That stopped the cable chewing.

Edited by Jon Hagen 9/6/2010 23:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)