AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn crop is about to get to me!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

K-Stater
Posted 7/27/2010 23:14 (#1290842 - in reply to #1289271)
Subject: Yeah I hear you buddy, but you might be suprised.

My brother and I are young farmers as well and we constantly worry about our crops. Maybe it's because our debt load is very heavy or we just feel like we have to prove something. With the way the year has been I feel that it's in gods hands now. We've done all we can in replanting corn, beans and even some milo, and have been blessed with some rain to carry the late crops along, I look at some of my corn I didn't replant and worry that it won't do much, but how am I supposed to know for sure? We picked some terrible looking corn last year, and somehow it still made 117 bpa, don't know how. My solution now is to wait for the combining to start then I'll know. I know I've done all I can do for the year we have had. I feel that scouting crops is important however, the crops that are already made, maybe not so much, but in the last three years it seems like we are always battling bugs, or something that could mess your yield up if you don't catch it in time. So if I can offer any advice, young farmer to young farmer, it would be to stay alert on the crops that are already made, and don't worry about the one's that you know are already made. Good luck man, I bet you'll be just fine. Just get your equipment ready and be ready to get going when you can.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)