AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rain Totals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 7/24/2010 14:41 (#1286359 - in reply to #1286279)
Subject: RE: Rain Totals

North Central Illinois
Sorry to hear about your rain woes. The dome was and is not a figment of the weather communities imagination. It has been lurking south and west of the cornbelt and has only sporadicaly pushed its way north giving us a few pretty warm days and only a few really hot days. Pretty much July like stuff. It has also made precipitation somewhat spotty with most areas getting enough. The thing nobody seems to understand is with this ridge/dome setup being so close some of the models will depict it as a more stationary thing turning the cornbelt hot and dry. Weather forecasters are forced to present this as a scenario when they look six to ten day out or farther. If they ignored it and it suddenly layed in here without any warning everybody would scream bloody murder. I haven't seen much data the last couple of days but I suspect we are not out of the woods yet. This thing could still show up around the first of August and cause trouble. There really is no way of knowing but it is something the weather community will keep looking at to be sure. Also keep in mind that with as much rain as you have been getting areas south of route 34 and especially route 80 have seen a fraction of what you have in the last month. You guys in the north and the guys in the south are pretty much the garden spots this year. I can't imagine 8" to 12" of rain in places has done your crops much good either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)