AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-Guide 500 advanced troubleshooting menu
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/30/2007 06:18 (#128009 - in reply to #128004)
Subject: RE: Ez-Guide 500 advanced troubleshooting menu

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Are you back in "EASY" mode after the reset? I noticed the External GPS entry yesterday that you mentioned earlier. I was in "ADVANCED" at the time.

My Raven Lighbbar has a ROW or SEED feature that is vey handy for me. I understand that the EZ-Guide+ has had this added relatively recently. I don't see this listed on the 500.

My guess is that you use the Adaptive curve setting. With the U-Turn Feature ON, the unit seems to jump to the next adjacent swath after a major turn. The guidance doesn't seem quick enough to allow me to "get on the right set of rows".

I then tried the Adaptive curve setting with the U-Turn Feature OFF. This requires a keystroke when approaching an end (like the Raven). The next adjacent swaths are then shown at that time. Again it doesn't seem like the system jumps to the next set quickly enough to guide you back in on the correct set of rows.

In the case of the Raven, the system anticipates the direction of the turn and indicates your swath distance error to the next pass as soon as you hit the button. Thus you have the numerical countdown to help pick the correct set of rows for the return pass. Possibly the same thing can be accomplished with the EZ-Guides with a modification of technique.

For the moment, I plan on sticking with the Raven for the sprayer tractor for the "Row" situations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)