AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm out of step
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 7/8/2010 17:25 (#1265459 - in reply to #1265445)
Subject: Re: I'm out of step

North Central Illinois
I understand your point and can agree with some of it. Last year and this year were very different in many areas. In my area everything was planted very late and as you stated had good yields. The big yields last year came from the fact that after we finally got things planted vitually nothing drownd out. It was late but stands were excellent and fields were very even. This year every field has something missing out of it because of too much rain. Last year guys that already had their nitrogen on put on more if they were worried about denitrification. This year in many cases nobody put any extra on because the corn was already to big to put more on. There is a lot more denitrification in my area this year than last year. The result is either really good looking or really bad looking. To me this should equate to average or maybe slightly above depending on weather from here on out. That is just in my little corner of the world. Maybe it is perfect everywhere else. I'm happy with my crop at this point. Talk to me in a month or so! Planted acres were less than what they were thinking a month ago and harvested acres as a percentage of planted acres should be less than normal also. I usually figure a reduction from planted acres of about 8% to 9% to arrive at harvested acres. That number could be higher this year. Maybe 10%. If the market continues to rally we could also see demand stall out again. Lots of things to consider that is for sure. I just think you are a little early in your prognostication of another record crop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)