AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Green Pea Harvest and strip till sweet corn pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Oregon Farmer
Posted 7/3/2010 00:32 (#1258741 - in reply to #1258597)
Subject: RE: Green Pea Harvest and strip till sweet corn pics

Independence OR
This may seem like a stupid question , but I don't think that I can get 28% in my area. Most everyone uses dry fertilizer for most of the crops. I can get 32 solution but not 28%. What is the difference exactly?

So you would recommend putting N down with the tube mounted on the side and behind the coulter or mix it in the entire strip? Is 2x2 with the planter still needed?

Normally I put 50 units of N, 60 to 100 units of P, and 10 units of S in a 2x2 as well as another 150 units of N, 60-120 units of K and 15 units of S on Preplant and incorporate it in. That is our old standard fertilizer program that we have done for many seasons. This season I split up my preplant and put only 50 units of N and my S and K and followed up later with urea over the top to try and maximize my N efficiency. In all of my strip till corn both field and sweet I put 300 lbs of 17-0-34 prior to striping, however my pea fields I loaded them up with K prior to planting the peas so I didn't put any prelant on in those fields.

How much N can I put into the strip and plant sweet corn into it without seedling burn?

I am approaching my fertility program from a full tillage perspective, any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Scott Setniker

(Topdressing Urea.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Topdressing Urea.jpg (44KB - 274 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)