AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oats Market--What's Happening?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ILLRick
Posted 6/16/2010 22:49 (#1239874 - in reply to #1239012)
Subject: Re: Oats Market--What's Happening?

ECIL
I don't keep up much with the oat market other than to occasionally see what the quotes are. I had not been aware of planting problems in Canada and because of only occasional glances at the oat screen didn't know they had gone up so much. I have never had any intentions on doing any trading on oats and don't foresee any need or desire in the future. The only reason I asked the previous question was soley out of curiosity on positions. Are the commercials long or short, is there a heavy spec position leaning one way or the other, or is the enduser booked or getting caught short? I'm not looking for a squeeze, I only asked if one is occuring and if so, by looking at open interest and positions thinking of how far could it go. JDE made a valid point about the Minn. Wheat market of 2008. Like I stated, I'm not interested in trading oats, but if there is the possibility of fireworks they could be interesting to see from the sidelines. I may seem ignorant about the oat market. I really just don't put much stock in the old saying of "oats knows" anymore due to what can be perceived as a disconnect between the two commodities nowadays. There may still be some general trends existing but a spike in oats isn't going to cause a spike in corn, and if it might that spike in corn wouldn't be much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)