AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayed some no-till barley tonight (Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 6/8/2010 00:45 (#1228474 - in reply to #1227871)
Subject: Re: Sprayed some no-till barley tonight (Pics)

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
I'm happy whit barley on pic and looking something like 5 tn/ha = 2,2 US tons / ha. Some heavy soil whit compaction issue and not so great draining didn't do well whit heavy rains and has yellow leaf tips. Barley is two row malt barley, Xanadu http://www.saaten-union.com/index.cfm/nav/387/article/2343.html

Wheat straw is all on a field and it is seeded whit same VM prototype opener that we used last year. Doudle disk works good and cuts well after the winter. Straw breaks easily and we have no hair pinning problem. I haven't been in a winter crops, too risky and labor consuming and I would be subrised have little issue whit fresh straw and cutting it.

I don't know why you Yanks ( sorry) always ask what side of the road we drive? It is standart thing... Well normally on right side, if we are not too drunk!

Rosco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After some years gotta do Farm Tech again! Or you boys could come down here for some other farm show? We are doing okay here. Hell of wet spring, some gyus are still seeding or reseeding. -09 wheat is still in a bin and so is -08 / -09 canola, barley is gone. There is supposed to be 1,5 years need of barley on Finland's storages, etc, so grain market sucks. Might turn little better, since major part of Finland is having difficulties whit spring work. We basicly live out of subsities anyway these days and you don't wanna waist much money on a crop.

Say hello to the boys and tell them to leave Coke out of wisky! Corn syrap ain't good for you!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)