AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a mess
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

msb
Posted 6/6/2010 13:11 (#1226554)
Subject: Got a mess

Lapel, In
Local fertilizer dealer didn't use 2-4-D in the burndown thinking I was right behind him with the drill. Got some tough broadleafs out there including Queen Anne's lace.Am leaning towards having it sprayed again since there are also some grass patches that shouldn't be there.This is my last acreage to drill, sort of a quasi-custom job where I get the crop(for their benefit/keeping it ag land tax rate).Custom rate will allow a nice profit either way, but could be more if I raise a decent crop.Pre-developed land that made 15 bpa last year(wet and very late plant date).Hate to have my name associated with a mess that will be if I simply drill it as it is. What would you do? Its about 40 acres in 7 patches with some of it clay soil that has been moved. Non RR seed to be used.

Another 10 acres ,same story. I went ahead and drilled it as it probably wouldn't make much of a crop.. ALL clay fill dirt with no fertility,but about 1/2 Clover growing on it.. Burn down only burned the Ladino clover back with no effect on the red clover. Thinking maybe Basagran or ??? to make it look more like it has a crop on it. Made 2bpa the last time I tried growing a crop there.

Tax saving (you wouldn't believe)is astronomical to the owners by keeping its ag tax rate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)