AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trust your monitor....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 5/25/2010 09:27 (#1213223 - in reply to #1213169)
Subject: RE: Trust your monitor....

nc ks
I here that, I have one sensor on a 16 row planter that needs replaced, never read right in corn, but spacing was just fine. In beans it usually reads a little low and sometimes will give a low pop warning a few times before it straightens up but that box runs out exactly when the others run out so it is just a sensor problem. The other night it totally wouldn't read so i got out and checked and that row was doing fine, so I shut that one row off in the monitor so I didn't have to listen to it. Got out and checked a few times that night and it was planting fine. The next day I moved to another field and decided to turn that row back on to see if it would work ok and it wouldn't even read again so i shut it off and kept going. 30 acres later I remembered I needed to check that row and hopped out to look and it had not planted but probaly 100 beans since I filled up that morning. A stalk had knocked the chain off that row in my outside round. What are the odds that that was the only chain that had been knocked off in my first 1000 acres of planting on the only row that I had shut off on the monitor a few acres after i shut it off? It takes 15 minutes max to pull the tube and swap in a new sensor that I keep on hand anyway, so am i mad at myself, you bet, but why do the odds work out that way sometimes??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)