AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

replant seed from P?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 5/15/2010 01:34 (#1200252 - in reply to #1198443)
Subject: I just have one problem with my Beck's replant ...

West Union, Illinois

I just have one problem with my Beck's replant.  Basically, if I feel the need to replant they supply the seed I need.  I don't pay any additional tech fees, I don't have to argue, I just tell my rep and he takes care of me.  My problem?  The !@#$ Escalate seed treatment. (http://www.beckshybrids.com/products/escalate/pageflip.html)

I have 80 acres we planted 3 weeks ago and got a toad drowner that night.  We gave up on it, called crop insurance and the Beck's rep.  Crop insurance says replant it.  Beck's rep got me the corn.  It's too wet to get in yet.  I drove across the field on my Beck's 4-wheeler this evening (carefully, because there are lots of places too wet for the 4 wheeler) and I'll be !@#$'ed if there isn't still corn coming up!

By the time I can get in to replant it is going to have too much corn to tear up and replant.  So now I have to decide if I start all over or not.There will be some thin spots and some gaps.  But do I tear up a 75% or better stand the end of May to replant?

It causes my rep trouble because the computer doesn't know how to handle returns of free replant.  And my free replant was a triple stack version of the RR corn I bought, so I can't return it for credit because I never bought any.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)