AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ed Winkle "Many claim P ratings went down with contant glyphosate use"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

patriotsprayer
Posted 5/13/2010 09:15 (#1197557 - in reply to #1197495)
Subject: Re: Ed Winkle "Many claim P ratings went down with contant glyphosate use"

Southeastern, PA. 30 miles west of Phila

Mlebrun: I am bothered by your repsonse and others to. Why? Because irregardless of whether this data is true or false, it is written in a way the the uneducated public will take it for gospel truth. I don't have a solution but somehow we need to figure out how to educate the public.

Because lets face it. Using herbicides has to have a negative effect on the soil and plants. I believe the positive far outweighs the negative. Glyphosate is going to get a lot of bad rap because it is the most widely used herbicide and everyone associates Glyphosate with Monsanto and Monsanto is the bid evil coporation that is destroying America...(so say the enviromentalist people)

If we can figure out what is the downside with Glyphosate and also figure out how to address that problem, I believe we will be all further ahead.

FYI: I am a big user of glyphosate, in fact this year I will probably spray twice as many acres with the chemistry than ever before.

Also this is not a personal attack on anyone. Just a plea to the ag community to take this as an oppurtunity to be proactive before some regulator in D.C. makes some off the wall ruling.

Merlin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)