AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finished planting (PICS)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerard
Posted 5/1/2010 19:06 (#1182054)
Subject: Finished planting (PICS)

Woodham, Ontario
Today I finished planting corn, very early compared to other years, but conditions have been really good. For this spring we had bought a new John Deere 2210 35ft S-tine cultivator and a used 1998 John Deere 8400. Unfortunately, those did not show up on time, but the Deere dealer took care of us.

Early April we seeded the alfalfa. Our cultivator had not yet arrived at the dealer and the previous owner of the 8400 was waiting on his new 8320R. We were given a JD 9320 and a 40' 960 cultivator to use. I didn't use it at all, I just had my dad pick it up and put one of our highschool students on it. He was pretty happy with his ride for the day.

I also spread a million gallons of manure one 169 acres with the aerway, no pics of that, but it went really well. Really happy how the aerway makes voids in dry ground and then adds the manure.

When we started with corn planting, the cultivator was ready, but the 8400 was not. We got a loaner 8120 with it. It had ILS, but the 14.9R34 bicycle tires tires made it a rough ride.

Having 2 8120s and 2 cultivators really sped up the planting. In the past the one 30' cultivator had to almost run day and night to get 2 passes done ahead of the corn planter. Now Our 8120 with the loader and stonefork with the new cultivator would run all the time and the other tractor with the kopngskilde would help when we needed to get a lot done quick. Often the second cultivator would start first pass in the next field while the new cultivator was working ahead of me.

The planting rig is mostly the same, 7930 with 1780 8r. This spring I didn't use the front duals on the 7930 since I didn't need to spread nearly as much manure. I had also left all the wheels wide for haying and used rear axle extentions to mount the duals.

The F350 I got in the summer was hauling the fertilizer and seed. The dumptrailer in the background held more fertilizer for my overnight planting when the elevator closed.

In the distance you can see the 8400 and 8120 cultivating the field.

Now we are all done and I finally have time to snap some pics of the 2 cutivating rigs. First the 8120 with the 2210

And the 8400 with 600/65R28 on the front.

Degelman dozerblade brackets.

The Kongskilde cultivator from 2003. Now our secondary cultivator.

710/70R38 duals, the smallest tires anyone should have on a tractor this size!

New Michelin on the inside, original Firestone on the outside.

Here is the used blade that the dealer had, it is a 10ft right now, but we are getting extensions to make it 14 feet wide. Right now the rear duals are 13'10" so a 12' wouldn't cut it.

Now we gotta get things cleaned upa nd get ready for haying!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)