AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flexicoil Meter Drive Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trippjn
Posted 4/27/2010 13:11 (#1176722 - in reply to #1176374)
Subject: RE: Flexicoil Meter Drive Help

North Central Oklahoma
I think you are fighting the same problem we were on our 1720 (John Deere 787). The ring on shaft 31 is not supposed to slip or turn. Ours was on both gear drive boxes. Once I figured it out I didn't have enough nerve to tear it down and I needed it fixed yesterday. I was able to get a new box delivered over night to Oklahoma faster and cheaper than my local dealer could order parts and repair it. About a week waiting for individual parts, a dealer educating himself at $72.00 an hour, down time and then I wouldn't have bet the dealer would have had it back together right. These air carts are somewhat of an oddity this far south and dealers aren't trained and experienced to work on them here. I ordered a new gear drive box and was running the next evening. It took two seasons and we stumped both the local Flexicoil and John Deere repairmen before I was able to correctly diagnose and fix our problem. Ours was failing sporadically before we got it fixed. Had hell finding the actual culprit. I bet we used up about eight of those #16 springs in your pic. Was really nice to be able to go to the field after fixing it and just plant.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)