AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

foot pedal on ez steer 5000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/24/2010 08:21 (#1172244 - in reply to #1170810)
Subject: RE: foot pedal on ez steer 5000

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
nbfarms - 4/22/2010 21:17

I recently bought a footpedal, was wondering if anyone could tell me how to install it and what settings need to be changed!
Thanks in advance, John

Part of the confusion deals with what the foot switch is supposed to do.

Since you have EZ-Steer I assume that you want to use the switch to engage the assisted steering. The switch needs to be a momentary type and goes to the 25 pin connector on the T2 unit. You step ON and hold the switch for a couple of seconds and then remove your foot. The system should then Engage the steering. It is important to remember that you must hold the switch for a couple of seconds and Engagement takes place when you remove your foot. This action would be similiar with a momentary hand switch.

Other folks may want to have a Foot Switch start/stop the Coverage Map on thier EZ-Guide 500's. In that case the switch is a foot toggle type (old dimmer switch) which is toggled ON and the next time you step on it, it is toggled OFF. This requires setting up the EZ-Guide 500 to be watching for the switch. The switch for this arrangement goes to the 9 pin connector on the EZ-Guide 500. If that connector is already being used for a keypad or something else then a keypad splitter is available which provides an implement switch branch, a GPS out branch a radar out branch and the keypad branch.

Another combination choice is have the Coverage Map start/stop based on whether EZ-Steer is engaged or not.

Edited by tedbear 4/24/2010 08:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)