AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Cam keeps blowing fuses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 4/20/2010 22:59 (#1168790)
Subject: Ag Cam keeps blowing fuses

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
I've got a 2 camera Ag Cam system in the planter tractor. It worked great when I installed it in the shopyard. I had it on a few different times checking the cameras when I was installing them and it worked fine. Now it keeps blowing the little 4 amp fuse. The only place I found that has them is Radio Shack and I absolutely hate that place. So far its blown 5 fuses. I tried it with the camera's unplugged, plugged, swapped plugs, checked the routing of the power cord and it was fine. I'm plugging this into a JD powerstrip with a cigarette lighter plugin adapter. Using a few other plugins on the same powerstrip and they are working fine.

What am I missing?? Can I put in a heavier fuse? Found a 7.5 amp 250V fuse at John Deere but I'm afraid that a heavier fuse will burn something up. Can i cut their cigarette plugin off and wire in another with a more common inline fuse? I haven't contacted the Ag Cam people yet. Thought I'd ask here first.

BTW, this system came from the Agco dealer and has their logo etched onto the camera's if that makes a difference.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)