AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you do? Planter & Combine ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MFinMO
Posted 3/27/2010 20:40 (#1139367 - in reply to #1138899)
Subject: Re: What would you do? Planter & Combine ???

West Central, MO
I really do appreciate ALL of the input. I also appreciate the bluntness. And looking back over my responses, I'm having a hard time seeing where I shot down every every solid answer? And I'm damn sure not trying to 'stump the pros'. Just clarifying where needed. Like the tractor, that's not an issue and it's not part of my question. I just mentioned it to show that in the event that a 40' planter might make sense, we had the tractor to handle it.

We're new at farming. As hard as it may be to believe, we are a for profit operation. I'm going to bring up several of the suggestions on here--most notably sticking with the planter/drill we've got now but making some changes to the drill. And the fact that we don't need a 40' planter for 700 A.

I'm going to add something here in fairness to the farm manager (not an excuse, but a fact) and I know what responses are coming, but still........part of the "costly repairs" I mentioned was replacing the hydraulic rear drive and the transmission -- these were causing the combine to overheat, which I guess is one of the reasons he was going so slow. Those are just some of the constant problems we had with that machine.

Again, I appreciate everyone's response and I'm taking them seriously. Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)